Om Art believes in nurturing our natural creative abilities by providing a criticism and judgement free space in which we can feel safe to express the artist within. We encourage curiosity, exploration, and a positive attitude towards the creative process, establishing a solid foundation for life that will not only lead people to paint well but to harvest from such activity a sense of peace, accomplishments, self nourishment. and expression.
OmArt Kids Workshops are geared towards introducing at an early age lessons of patience, self love, stillness, self acceptance, concentration and self discovery through the art of Creative Expression. Our intention is to nurture children's intrinsic creative instincts by holding the sacred space for them to connect to the God-spark within and get acquainted with their natural capacity to manifest. By strengthening these abilities we hope to empower them to establish life long healthy attitudes and habits that will continually help them reconnect, heal and recenter themselves throughout their life path
OM ART KIDS CURRICULAR INTENTION:
- Exchange self-judgment for self-acceptance
- Learn to be present and balanced
- Create a sacred space or "happy place" to which the child can withdraw to center itself and self-heal
- Learn patience and goal-oriented behavior
- Surrender to the outcome and creating without expectations
- Relax, let go and have fun
- Understand that everyone perceives reality differently
OM ART SUMMER PROGRAM ACTIVITIES:
- Mask Making- becoming animal!
- Journal making- design and create your own spiral bound journal
- Creating sock puppets for our plays- role playing and personality development
- Paint your own night lamp - empowering children in the face of night terror
- Crafting your own Growth Chart - understanding the link between nutrition and growth
- Snow globe making/ Fairy globe making - fun fun fun!!
- Creating sleepy sock friends - the perfect hugging companion
- Create with Me Coloring exercises - introduction to judgement free, concept free artistic expression
- Group Painting and Individual Painting projects- varied
- Paint my wings! (grouped in pairs)- children paint their interpretation of each other's imaginary wings